Monday, September 27, 2010

Last Day in Antigua

There has been a whirlwind of events in the last week or so. We all finished Spanish School. Mary Kate got several friends in her tummy aka parasites and was deathly ill but after about two weeks, several doctors and almost Q1,000 later she is doing great! I also had my own doctor visit for a cough I had for four weeks and a cold for two weeks. Only Q150 got me my consult, exam, and three different meds. I am on my way to being completely recovered, yeah! Sunday morning I woke up at 5:30am to about 1/2 an inch of water all over our bedroom floor- the toilet overflowed! And the boys had to be rescued by a tractor on their way back from the beach (glad I didn't go) but that night we found an excellent ice cream shop so we were ok :D Tomorrow is our last full day in Antigua and then Wednesday morning we will be off to La Ceiba to buy last minute things for the Farm and Friday we will finally be at the Farm. Word on the street is we have two weeks of "profound" question asking and community building and then the real work as a nurse for me will start! But I am not sure when I will have interent connection next once I get there. So pray for safe travels for us all and a great start to Finca Life!
Much Love to you All!

1 comment:

  1. Deirdre- I hope the trip to the Farm goes smoothly for you all! I'll be thinking of you. ...enjoy getting to know the children and adjusting to life at the Farm. Enjoy the adventure of life in Honduras!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete