Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Finca

I made it safe and sound with the rest of my crew! It is absolutely beautiful here and everyone has been really welcoming. I have been able to see the clinic and already go to the hospital with a young girl who reopened a pretty deep cut on her knee, hiked up the mountain for some Blood pressure and blood glucose checks, and filled some medications for some patients in the clinic. I am learning a lot about my self during these first two weeks of orientation. I go to bed each night in my room with 4 other girls listening to the ocean waves and watching the geckos eat the bugs on the walls! The food here is wonderful and I can tell I will really miss it when I return home. My spanish is being challenged as well as a lot of my views about where I come from what I have been taught about others and how I view myself in comparison. It is quite humbling actually. Right now I am living with about 30 people in the house which in two months will decrease to 16 or 18. Then I will be on my own. So please pray for me and the others as we need to have very steep learning curves in the next several weeks. Thank you for all your prayers so far it is really evident how God has been working and moving here everyday! Much love to the States from Honduras!

No comments:

Post a Comment