Tuesday, August 23, 2011

24 Things I am (was)Grateful for on My 24th Golden Birthday!


1.       My Family and Friends and those in between
2.       “Strict” Parents
3.       The strong presence Kelsey still has in my Family
4.       My College experience at St. Scholastica
5.       Farm of the Child; Finca del Nino
6.       Trujillo, Colon, Honduras, Central America
7.       All the People I have ever shared some type of living quarters with
8.       My Camp Girls!
9.       My Travel Buddy-MK
10.   Being part of people’s life: Randi’s wedding
11.   Avocados, Mangos, Baleadas, Liquados, Tostados
12.   Berries, all types, milk, red peppers, Ranch Dressing!!!
13.   Funny stories about our Kids
14.   The idiosyncrasies of Honduras that make us say, “That’s Hondu for you!”
15.   Swimming in the Ocean is like taking a bath ANY time of the year
16.   My Special Friends, and my Dorfa, who calls me her preferida (her preferred!)
17.   Teachers! After teaching a couple classes I love what they do and am glad it is not me every day!
18.   My fun experiences as a “nurse” including machetes, babies, and worms.
19.   Modern conveniences: fan, aloof, electric heater (for tea), cold drinks on a hot day.
20.   Cake mix , mixed with water for a snack
21.   Rainy day conversations and candle lit dinners with the whole community.
22.   Inside jokes, “Fatima died Amanda!”
23.   The opportunity to live and serve in another country with so many amazing people!
24.   That every day I can see hear and feel the greatness of God and his creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment