Sunday, May 29, 2011

VAYCAY!

Vacation to the states was wonderful! Traveled to Alexandria, MN for my beloved cousin Randi’s wedding! I was able to help decorate, put together flowers and be there for all the unfolding of this spectacular day. I met some pretty cool guys and gals there as well.  I was very happy I could be there to help her and make her day super special!
I spent some time with Jesse before he left for his 2 week training and drove him to Mankato to drop him off. My college roomie, Anna, visited all the way from Nashville, TN, and it was such a treat to see her!  I headed to Duluth, MN to visit some old roommates, some mentors, hang out in Campus Ministry, eat at Fitger’s Brewery, and walked down by Canal Park. Drove down to good old So. Dak. To visit my very dear friend Krista who was graduating from Augustana College. I finally met all of her friends she always talks about and also visited an old friend Nathaniel!
And the last weekend I got to see lots of family. My sister and nieces spent the night. The first slumber party I have ever had with my sister, yes the first ever! It was wonderful, things like that need to be done more often in life. The camp girls and I did our traditional dinner at Buca’s in the kitchen. It was so wonderful to see them all again, Jamers, Fitz, Shawny, and Colleeny!!
I am happy to be back though I have to say. In a lot of ways it feels right; it feels like a routine, like going back to school in the fall. This is my life, not just something I am doing for two years. This is where I belong, at least at this point in my life.
Thank you to all those who I saw over my vacations, all those who donated items or money or prayers! Especially: ISD 196 District Offices, Robin and Jody, and the Knights of Columbus in Rosemount!
Much Love from Honduras,
Deirdre

1 comment:

  1. I love you Deirdre! It was so good talking with you and seeing your pretty face! :)

    ReplyDelete