Friday, March 30, 2012

Marzo

Things are starting to settle down as Samana Santa, Holy Week, is fast apporaching. I had a wonderful time with my parents and their visit to Honduras. They were able to make eggs and BACON, a rarety a.k.a. we've never had it since I have been at the Farm, tried out the new lawn mower, met the new community of missionaries and relaxed by the water. Then we spent some time with my favorite Honduran teenagers in Ceiba and had dinner with my two extended siblings (Mary Kate and Nils, the encargados of the teens). After a pretty upsetting ride over the ocean we arrived in Roatan-the final destination-and made home there for the next few days! I got some sun!

The next week Dr. Nei (the dentist) and his wife came to do check ups and work on all of the children's teeth. The are a great couple from MN of course, where else?! I have enjoyed working with them for the last two years and they have enjoyed coming to the Farm over the last 7 YEARS! Thank you John and Barb!

We also had a Doc from TX who visits us every year to do a bit of training and see patients while he is helping in a brigade not too far from us. So this month we have had lots of extra hands in the Clinic. This week were final exams so Ashley and I have completed one quarter of teaching wa-hoo! I really do enjoy it and have such a greater appreciation for teachers! Thank you to all those who are teachers in all their forms!!

One thing I have really enjoyed and look forward to every night now is reading, hahaha. It sounds goofy I am sure but hear me out. My roommates and I have been reading Redeeming Love (excellent book by the way, you should read it, i won't give anything away!!!) every night before we go to bed. We take turns reading and interject when needed, predict what will happen in the next chapter, etc. It's like watching a sitcome or your favorite movie. The other night we said...people would never do this in the states! Hahaha! It is so simple but really beautiful at the same time-you'll just have to read it for yourself!

Some upcoming excitements: There is a 4th year med student who will be working with us in the clinic and Ashley and I are very excited. I will be returning home for vacation in May to be there for my niece's 1st Communion!!! As well as hopefully seeing new baby Klobe (Randi and John's first baby due beginning of June)!!

I pray Holy Week is a time for you all to reflect and remember and refocus. May it be fruitful!
Much Love,
Deirdre

No comments:

Post a Comment