Friday, July 20, 2012

Abril Mayo Junio y Julio

This month started with the Bendicion of 4th year med student Nick! Such a huge help in our clinic and was my assistant when Ashley left on vacation. Semana Santa was beautiful as always though I didn´t get to participate in everything as I got pretty sick for 3 days!

I also did my first solo trip to Ceiba (about 3 hour drive) with two other adults and 4 kids in the back of the busito (Toyota Land Cruiser ...stick shift... fitting up to 25 people). I am pretty proud of that...conquering one fear at a time people!

This month also brought on some crazy and severe emergencies that I will probably remember for the rest of my life (stitches, gunshot wounds, drownings, etc.)! Rural Honduras can be a scary place at times.

In May Ashley returned from vacation and I left for the states. With in the First 24 hours Avery, mi ahijada (God child) made her first communion and Randi (my beloved cousin) gave birth to her first beautiful child!!! I told Randi, Mary Jane and I have this specially connection. She knew I was home and just couldn´t wait any longer!!! Jesse also came home for ¨Forever¨ as the nieces say. So we had a big thanksgiving celebration for him even on Armed Forces Day...how appropriate! I spent some time at the cabin, ate really good food, saw lots of friends, what more could I have asked for?!?!

By June 1str I was back at the Farm again.Well not quite. The Christ the King brigade from Little Rock, AR arrived and 10 of us missionaries helped translate for them. Last year as well as this year was a great time. I was able to see all kinds of different medical cases as well as help. It was satisfying to see some of the Clinics patients receive care that they have need for years...tumors removed...chronic meds were straightened out...beautiful. June also finished out the half way mark in the school calendar, wa-hoo! Again I love my students but I have such a great appreciation for those who teach as a profession...THANK YOU!!

This month Tami one of my closest and dearest friends, missionary at the Farm, and community member went back home early to start teaching at her home town Catholic school! We all miss her! Seven of our newest children will be baptised this month as well. So they are busy preparing and plans are being made so their Godparents can travel from far away distances to be here!

Thank you to all of those who read my spotty blogging and to all who are supporting the Finca and myself and all the other missionaries in all forms but especially prayer! Con mucho cariƱo y amor,
Deirdre

No comments:

Post a Comment